News & Events
Face to Face meeting
Usually we meet on the third week of each month. Join the mailing list or add the meeting dates to your calendar.
What Is IxDA? (international website, int. site)
The Interaction Design Association (IxDA) is a non-profit professional organization whose focus is promoting both the field of interaction design and the interests of an international community of practitioners, managers, educators, and students of interaction design. Our organization’s goals are to
- communicate the unique perspective that interaction design brings to both industry and the broader design community
- promote awareness of the discipline, craft, and value of interaction design among business leaders, academia, consumers, and our colleagues
- advance the discipline of interaction design by encouraging the adoption of innovative methods
- encourage and recommend high standards of practice among interaction design professionals
- help establish standards for academic programs in interaction design
- develop an active, close-knit community of interaction design professionals worldwide
What Is Interaction Design? (int. site)
Interaction Design (IxD) is the professional discipline that defines the behavior of interactive products and how products communicate their functionality to the people who use them.
Good interaction design makes products ranging from computer software to clock radios to cars more useful, usable, and desirable. In today's world of ubiquitous technology, practitioners of interaction design play an increasingly important role in the design of successful products. Through well-executed interaction design, businesses can increase their revenues, reduce development costs, and attract, satisfy, and retain loyal customers. Learn more » (global site)